What do we typically do with toilet paper rolls and dryer lint? We toss them in the trashcan. These simple pieces of trash can become great fire starters. If you have wax (not required), you have a fire starter that will even last longer.
Time to create these: 5 to 10 minutes
What you will need:
- Toilet paper rolls (paper towel rolls work as well)
- Dryer lint
- Plain sheets of paper (we’ll use these to wrap the toilet paper rolls
- Bonus: wax
Steps to create a fire starter:
- Stuff your toilet paper roll with dryer lint. Don’t pack it too tight as the lint will need enough oxygen to combust. Fire needs 3 things to burn: fuel, oxidizing agent (usually oxygen) and heat. So give the lint a little breathing room.
- Wrap the toilet paper roll with 1/2 sheet of regular paper and then stuff the ends of the paper into the paper roll.
- If you want a fire starter that will last even longer, pour melted wax into the middle of the lint stuff in the toilet paper roll.
- Place your new fire starter under some tinder, light it up with fire source (match, cigarette lighter, etc.).
- Stand back and bask in your creation 🙂
Very helpful and easy to assemble. Thanks for that tip